Deputyship - Court of Protection Appointed Deputy

There are occasions when people lose the mental capacity to deal with their own affairs without having made a Lasting Power of Attorney. This can be heartbreaking if you find a loved one in this situation as you are unable to help by making very necessary decisions for them.

In this situation you may wish to consider asking the Court of Protection to appoint you as deputy.

In appointing you as deputy the Court of Protection will make an order setting out the powers which you can exercise and the decisions that you have authority to make on behalf of the person for whom you are deputy. Like the Lasting Power of Attorney these can relate to the person’s property and financial affairs and personal welfare.

We are able to take you through the whole application from initial advice to obtaining the order.